Joyce's Soulful Recipes LuLu Bang Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf on a cookie sheet or 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake uncover 1 hour (when center feels firm when pressed).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1(1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3⁄4cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄2cups fresh breadcrumbs or 5 slices bread, crumbled, (you may also use oatmeal if you’re daring)
- 1 tbl spoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tble spoon liquid smoke
- ¼ cup of vidalion onion diced
- ¼ cup of green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic or 3 fresh garlic cloves diced
- 1 table spoon salt
- 2 tbl spoon Lawry’s season salt (optional)
- ¼ Cup Joyce’s BBQ Fusion Lulu Bang Sauce
LuLu Bang Fried Shrimp
Directions:In a plastic zip bag, combine flower, creole-style seasoning, garlic powder, ground cayenne pepper, onion powder, and ground pepper. Seal the bag and shake a few times to combine the ingredients.
Rinse the shrimp under cold water, then soak in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Dip shrimp in beaten egg batter, then place shrimp in the plastic bag with the flour/cornmeal mixture.
Place the coated shrimp on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Save remaining flour mixture in the bag.
In a mixing bowl, pour Joyce’s Lulu Bang Sauce; set aside. In a pot, heat the oil to 375 F (190 degrees C).
Remove shrimp from refrigerator and shake a 2nd time in flour mixture.
Place the shrimp in hot oil and fry until pike, about 2-3 minutes.
Immediately coat with Joyce’s Lulu Bang Sauce.
Serve HOT over a bed of veggie, brown or white rice.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons Creole-style seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound of extra-large shrimp (16/20s),peeled and deveined with tails attached
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3-4 cups canola oil (for deep frying)
- 1 Cup Joyce’s Lulu Bang Sauce (any flavor)